- How will certain writing practices or texts continue to change in the twenty-first century?
-Certain writing practices or texts will continue changing in the twenty-first century with the growth of technology, the ever evolving ways in which we communicate will continue to progress.
What we want is less noise, more context that is easy to use and readily accessible that isn’t meant for them. Improved communication technologies help us to do that quicker and on a larger scale, hugely influencing the next divide between the haves and the have-nots, and this will continue in leaps and bounds.
- What texts will you be citing as your offer evidence and analysis for your argument?
-I will be citing the book “Humans in New York Stories”
– details evolution of communication with strangers
– expands and presents an entire group of humans, complete with stories that delve deep and surprise with great candor ways in which the author communicates through photography.
Blog called “Humans of New York”
– Blog has grown exponentially and has also inspired people around the world to start writing their own blogs with stories from themselves and the people around them.
– Evidences that this style will continue until these documentary style interviews become their own genre or sub genre of blogging.
– Blog “Confused Girl in the City”
– further expands on the wave of the future and the writing of blogs about multiple topics
– goes into sub categories about self help and other related topics, which allows the reader to feel more connected to the author.
as I offer evidence and analyze my argument.
- What sort of “genre”will you discuss, and why did you choose that genre?-
-I will be discussing the aforementioned books and blogs that are evidentiary of creating, in my opinion, it’s own genres, while touching on the human emotion element and connections with the various authors.
The blogs contain posts that are inspirational, motivational, and informational in forms of interviews.
The book, a direct result of the blogs, expands on the growth and journalistic changes.
- Describe the “field” for which you are producing this text, and explain how that field is relevant to you?
-The field for which I am producing this text is humanistic and personal. This field is relevant to me because I throughly enjoy the personal eliminate that this new genre provides.
- What sort of “ethos” will you be attempting to establish about yourself, and how do you plan on conveying it?
-The ethos that I will be attempting to establish for myself is that I am well aware of the people around me, their emotions, desires, underlying needs and am able to communicate those through this new genre.
Additionally, I plan on conveying this by providing my own photographs and stories of people and sharing their stories.
- How will your text be organized? That is, how will it begin? How will it end? What happens in between the beginning and the end?
-I will begin by answering the prompt question, giving background information on the blog and connecting it to the prompt question, and end it by summarizing all the important points of my paper. I am thinking of doing some type of Tumblr background to make it look like a blog post.
I will be using the following images (maybe more):